Spiritual care services are provided by a professional chaplain and trained volunteers. Our goal is to provide spiritual, emotional, and physical care for each patient.
The Spiritual Care Department provides spiritual support and referral resources for our patients, families, and staff. We can provide support through:
- Patient and family support during illness and recuperation
- Pastoral support for employees/staff
- Notification of your pastor if requested
- Spiritual support to all
- Catholic Sacramental ministry
- Prayer services in hospital chapel
- End of life care and support
- Grief counseling and support groups
- Annual memorial services for family members who have experienced the death of a loved one while in the care of Franciscan Care Services. A series of grief support sessions are offered prior to the annual memorial service.
- The staff chaplain may occasionally be called upon by the family of a patient or resident who does not have a formal church affiliation to perform a funeral or memorial service for those who have passed while in our care.
- Cemetery service and memorial service are offered annually for families who have miscarried at less than 20 weeks while the mother was in the care of St. Francis Memorial Hospital.
- Spiritual care support and presence to hospice patients and family members
The Chaplain will be available most weekdays. Emergency and night hour services are determined by specific situations. On weekends, Holy Communion is available daily to all Catholic patients through volunteer Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion.
For more information
Mitch Shemek, Chaplain
Franciscan Care Services
430 N Monitor St
West Point, Neb. 68788