School Sports Physicals
2018 School Physicals
April 16, 2018
From May 1 through August 1, 2018, we will be offering school physicals for $49 with a scheduled school physical appointment. Parents must ask for the school physical rate. The physical includes a free urine protein and urine glucose screening. Normally these physicals are well over $200. We will accept insurance and co-pays. Immunizations and/or additional services – medication refills, injury evaluations, acute problems (i.e. sore throat, swimmer’s ear, rashes, etc.) will be charged at the discretion of your physician.
* Special consideration: Please schedule these appointments as soon as possible. Dinklage Medical Clinic will be implementing new computers and a new computer system in August. We will have very few appointments available starting August 1.
This special rate does not include college, kindergarten, Head Start, scouts, or any other types of physicals.
- Bring completed “History Form”. A consent form needs to be signed for the clinic to perform the physical. If a parent won’t be at the appointment, consent form can be picked up, signed and brought to the appointment.
- Bring a first-morning urine sample, if not possible, any sample is fine. To prevent unnecessary recheck drink plenty of fluid 48 hours before the sample is taken. We can collect the samples at the appointment.
- The student must bring their immunization records. This is an excellent time to get caught up on immunizations, especially for incoming 7th graders. Common immunizations include Tetanus (includes pertussis for whooping cough), meningitis, and Gardasil. Immunizations are not included in the $49 rate. Northeast Community Action is available also, call them at 800.445.2505. The Elkhorn Logan Valley Public Health Department Immunizations Clinics are available also, call 402.529.2233 for information. Parents that won’t be at the appointment requiring immunizations need to contact the clinic and sign a permission form.
- Girls are reminded not to wear sports bras, they impede the scoliosis check.
- Students who wear glasses or contacts need to bring/wear to the appointment for the eye exam.
Please speak with us or stop in to clarify any information or to pick up any NSAA necessary forms.
At the end of each physical, the student will be given a “Consent to Participate” and “Physical” form. Because of HIPPA, the parent decides what information will be shared with the schools beyond the consent form. We strongly encourage parents to share the entire physical form with the school in the interest of the health of your child. Particularly if your child has health concerns that the school nurse and/or coaches should be aware of.
Have a great 2018-2019 school year!
The Medical Staff of the Dinklage Medical Clinic.
Howells Family Practice – 402.986.0830
Hooper Medical Clinic – 402.654.2221
Wisner Family Practice – 402.529.6516
Oakland Family Practice – 402.685.5120
Scribner Medical Clinic – 402.664.3414